From Rush Limbaugh: “Hey, hey. Hey, hey, hey, have you heard the news, folks? Have you heard the news? Some guy who has only been a senator for a short time, some guy without any real executive experience, some guy whose biggest qualification is he went to Harvard Law School, some guy with a foreign name and mixed ethnic background, some guy who has questions about his birth certificate, have you heard this guy's running for president? Isn't that crazy? And the Democrats are telling us this guy is not qualified, that he's dumb, that he's stupid, that he's incendiary, and that he doesn't have it right on global warming.
I'm talking about Ted Cruz. Did you ever stop and look at Ted Cruz that way? Some guy that's only been a senator for a short time, some guy with not any real executive experience, biggest qualification, went to Harvard Law School, foreign name, mixed ethnic background, questions about his birth certificate. Yeah, I saw it on CNN today. He may not be qualified. He might have been born in Canada. It is uncanny. Everything about Barack Obama that they said qualified him they are saying disqualifies Ted Cruz.”
AND SO IT STARTS.
First, there will be questions about his Constitutional eligibility as a natural born citizen. Despite a growing mountain of evidence including fake birth certificates, fake social security card, and $millions spent on concealing his past, Obama continues to get a free pass from the mainstream media. On the other hand, despite clear evidence of birth to a mother who is a U.S. citizen and a father who is a legal, naturalized citizen, those on the Left see fit to question Cruz’s qualification by birth! What is wrong with these people?
Next, there will be accusations of being a Christian – horrors! Of course, it will be ignored that 70% of the country identifies itself as Christian. Well, we’ll simply narrow that down by suggesting that his appeal is really to the “Born Again” Evangelical Christians (though supporters of radical Islam appear to be welcome). Of course that will associate him with those radicals who believe that an unborn child has a right to life, and therefore he is opposed to women’s rights (get that logic). Forget that a president can’t simply foist his personal views on the public (oh wait, that is except for Obama).
Then, the charge that he doesn’t play well with others. Oh, you mean like McCain, McConnell, and Graham? The Democrats in Republican clothing of the old Party faithful that focus on perpetuating their office, rather than Republican and constitutional principles. Winston Churchill’s words are telling here: "You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." This aspect of Cruz should be viewed as a sorely needed breath of fresh air, not a criticism!
Yes, but he lacks experience. He is a senator and has no governing experience! Please explain how it was very acceptable for the Liberals and half the country to accept Obama’s prior background as anything but pathetic (at least that which wasn’t concealed). And as for being a governor, I have only two words: Jimmy Carter. In addition to his currently serving in the U.S. Senate, Cruz has held some other posts a bit more relevant than “community organizer”:
Director of the Office of Policy Planning at the Federal Trade Commission
Associate Deputy Attorney General at the United States Department of Justice,
Domestic policy advisor to U.S. President George W. Bush
Solicitor General of Texas
Adjunct professor of law at the University of Texas School of Law in Austin where he taught U.S. Supreme Court litigation
Appointed vice-chairman of the National Republican Senatorial Committee
Yeah, but Obama is a Harvard graduate and was editor of the law review! Cruz graduated from Princeton and Harvard Law School. He was a national debate champion at Princeton and is described by notable Professor Alan Dershowitz (not exactly a Conservative) as, "off-the-charts brilliant."
He’s Too Far Right; his ideology is “out of the mainstream.” He is aligned to the Tea Party! Look at his “radical rightwing” views:
· He Doesn’t Support Global Warming. Aside from Al Gore, whose “studies” have all proved to be grossly overstated or outright fraud and scientists on the dole from the UN, the U.S. government or some other agency by whom they are financially supported, a great many reputable scientists are rejecting the notion that climate change is man-made.
· He is anti-immigrant! His father was a LEGAL Cuban immigrant and he supports expanding legal immigration options, while enforcing existing immigration laws (what a concept).
· He is opposed to Common Core. If you value your child’s education, don’t like indoctrination, and want education returned to states, local government and parents, YOU should be too!
· He will repeal Obamacare. Get rid of a 2,800 page law that no one read, that takes over 1/6 of the economy, expands the already bloated federal bureaucracy, pushes medical practitioners out of the field of medicine and violates personal privacy and puts it in the hands of the “trustworthy” (Ha!) IRS. Now why would he want to do that?
· He’ll abolish the Income Tax and IRS. You mean the most egregious violation of Liberty ever concocted by man. You mean that provision that allows the government to take everything you’ve got? THAT Income tax and IRS? While he is promoting a simple, flat income tax as a replacement, I believe he will come to realize that a flat, consumption tax is even better (the FAIR Tax).
· He’s Hispanic. Who cares! However, if he were a Liberal Progressive Democrat, they would be trumpeting this as one of his most significant characteristics. If Obama could be hailed for being half-black, Cruz could certainly make hey out of being half-Hispanic.
But he’s unelectable; he can’t beat Hillary. I think it’s pretty well established that the election of Barack Obama proved that ANYONE could be elected president. Even twice! In Obama’s case, the Media elected him, together with the ignorance of the American Public as to his views, the seductiveness of his soaring oratory, and the sense of collective guilt and desire to be “fair” to a black (well, half-black) American. Cruz is electable on the basis of two other novel characteristics:
The right views and principles, and
The ability to articulate them and persuade the American public as to their correctness.
As for Hillary, never in the history of American politics has a candidate brought more baggage to the table. She is electable only if intelligent Americans stay home, or the Republicans AGAIN nominate one of their tired Party faithful like Bush or Graham, or the just plain unlikeable Christie.
In fact, Cruz is correct on most every issue. That is, he is of the position that most Americans hold, excluding the Liberal Left and George Soros. More importantly, he is the most articulate spokesman for those views that the Republican Party has seen since Ronald Reagan, the “great communicator.” The Party cannot survive another McCain, Dole, or bumbling Bush RINO. America has been transformed for over six years into a socialist, tyrannical vision of its current “leader.” It’s time to transform it back to its historic nature as a limited, respected, and functioning Constitutional Republic. Ted Cruz may well be the person to do that. And that scares the hell out of the Democrats, the Media, and the rest of the apologists for Obama’s failed attempt to destroy the country. It scares them SO much that they might even grudgingly prefer Sarah Palin!
Transcript of Ted Cruz’ presidential announcement speech:
"It took Jimmy Carter to give us Ronald Reagan."
- Ted Cruz