The Sierra Sage
BOOKS & PUBLICATIONS
Click arrow to see sample pages
ORDER BELOW - NOW SHIPPING
From the author/publisher of the Sierra Sage
Order By PayPal
PayPal or Credit Card
ABOUT THIS BOOK
This book is about words. It is about some of the most important words. Explain to the child that “Grandpa” means the adult and “Enzo” means the child. You may choose to adopt those names, or use your own (Dad and Mary, for example). The book comes individually or as a set of two (discounted) with the expectation that adult and child may live at a distance (grandparents, divorced parent, military, travel or other reason creating physical distance. One book is for the adult and one for the child. Reading together can take place by phone, or video cam (Skype®, FaceTime® or other program)
ORGANIZATION OF THE BOOK
The top of the page will show each word as both a noun or verb and a common related form (when appropriate). You may want to use each form in a short, simple sentence or two. For example: Read - “Grandpa likes to read with Enzo. Enzo enjoys reading.”
The body of the page will include the following:
1. A picture illustrating the concept of the word.
2. A brief discussion of the word. (Take a moment to read the discussion and explain the picture. You can personalize the more difficult or abstract words like “God”, reflecting your own values or further explanation.
3. A definition in simpler terms than a dictionary definition.
4. A short paragraph (in red) including the word for the adult to read and the child to follow along.
5. A sentence (in blue) using the word that the child can read as the adult follows along.